Saturday, May 1, 2021

just a reminder

Okay, I'm back to my preferred-normal: calmly (mostly) putting up with life's little vicissitudes... with a stronger-than-usual urge to throw in the odd long word :-)

In "strange" new places -- such as shopping centres -- I feel uncomfortable. I know that I won't notice all of the obstacles. I take extra care and still feel nervous.

Running as usual though more carefully watching the sides of the path. Deb and I run today. I try to share my phone location with Deb -- so she can see where I am if I stop moving. Of course it fails.

I take great care crossing roads, I worry that I will not see a moving car. I should also take great care in carparks, I'm strolling far too close -- as I finally realise -- to a moving car. It misses :-)
===

Here's something interesting: every so often I see a shadowy shape drift across my vision... A bit like the blurry shape when a bit of gunk drifts across your eye. But larger. Oh well, I'm sure it's all part of the same problem.. whatever the problem is.
===

I worry when one expert says, it's probably a tumour. Then another expert says, it's probably necrosis. Of course neither one knows for sure. As long as no-one says that I should *not* be opened up... I'm happy to have my head opened. At least, I'm happy with the justification: it's the only way to be sure what's in there... and that is worth knowing.

My real worry is: Just what is really in there?

Here's how I see it:

It could be necrosis. It could be a new tumour. Either way -- it's exactly the same as for the past six months (or more) -- except, possibly larger.

Whatever it is, it is larger. So, more threatening. But still not immediately dangerous. I still have a time-bomb in my brain.

It's no more of a threat than it was. It's just a reminder: I feel fine. But the threat is still there.
It's all just a not-so-friendly -- reminder.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery"


===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment