Saturday, May 22, 2021

phew! Home sgain :-))

About 4am I start telling everyone that I want to go home. Ready or not :-) Everyone -- at least the medical decision-makers -- finally agree. Deb is not really sure that she wants to look after me, so soon after ICU. But she picks me up. So glad to see each other. There's pills to take home. Lots of dex, reducing every three days or so. The nurse explains it all -- better yet, it's all written down.

Dex, anti-dex (stomach settler). Kappra or Keppra, anti-convulsion. Panadol is not on the list, it was a regular in the hospital. If I need it I guess.

The nurse takes a photo of the scar. I take a very quick look. Longer than the last, very impressive. now covered with a plaster thank goodness. Out of sight anyway, further back on my head, I hope to never see it.

We get home. aaaahhhh :-)

I settle on the couch and fall asleep.

Wake up for some dinner. Sleep again. Lots of sleep. Still tired.

I have a crumpet with lots of butter and honey. Real food. Now sipping good tea. Wondering if I can be bothered going to bed.

I've been up and down stairs, testing my ability. and reassuring Deb. No worries.

I shall get into pyjamas then decide whether to sleep upstairs or down. Probably upstairs... eventually. With Deb :-)

So nice to be home.



Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===

The more things change, the more they stay insane ... per Ginger Meggs
   

1 comment: