Wednesday, May 19, 2021

evening

Dinner arrives, very nice. I had ticked almost every box, it's a solid meal. All it lacks is an incredibly sweet dessert... Oh, yes, I have gained 3 or 4 kilos in the last couple of weeks.

I was told to expect a chest x-ray but, no. No sign of chest problems so no need.

Deb's sister drops by to say hello. Always a pleasure :-)

the nurse arrives and wires me for an ECG. Measures... hmmm... measures again... The results, she says, are "borderline". Neither of us know what that means.

The nurse goes off to contact a doctor (the admissions doc?) Is "borderline" okay? I read google and wikipedia.

Almost 8pm and the anaesthetist arrives. Nice bloke. Poor bloke is just heading home for dinner.

8:15pm the nurse returns, it's okay to remove the ECG stickers, she does.

My best guess: The ECG is calibrated for an average person. I'm borderline because I'm not average. Sounds good to me :-)

I'm drinking a cup of tea plus a cup of coffee. (I'll sleep if I'm tired.) Eating biscuits. Preparing to fast from midnight.

There's a mysterious beep-beep-beeping from... somewhere. I can hear a man, in another room, groaning. Possibly trying to clamber out of bed, I hear a nurse say, Well done. I think I need to close my door.

Perhaps read a bit.

Then sleep.



Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===

The more things change, the more they stay insane ... per Ginger Meggs
   

1 comment: