Monday, May 17, 2021

Various... gripes

I can't swallow pills. Never could. Okay, I've had to. But:

Each evening I have to take two pills. Not too big. The first couple of nights -- it was difficult. I followed the usual advice:

Put the pills at the back of the tongue, drink water. That's easy. In the past I have done that. I can drink an entire glass of water and the pills are still there. I *know* that there is something in my mouth. Something out of place -- something which feels out-of-place, unexpected... dangerous. My throat closes protectively.

This time I put the pills on the *front* of my tongue. Where food goes, ready to be swallowed. A small drink of water -- the pills are gone. The pill feels like food. It's exactly where I expect to feel food, food ready to swallow.  I swallow and it's gone.

So easy. Am I the only person who does not like to swallow pills? Where are the experts when the first advice is useless?
===

This morning I plan to run. Get dressed. Get ready. I look at g-maps to see where to go. Somewhere a bit different, I think. I look at the maps. Plot a course. The map shows a windy route. I want to go somewhere ... simple.

I want to pass a shop, buy something. What shall I carry? Credit card. Phone. Shopping bag... can't find one... find one, empty its contents on the floor. What else do I need to carry?

It's getting late. Late for a long run, anyway. It's all too difficult. Too difficult to organise myself. What about a short run? Not worth the effort. I decide to read instead.

I think that I'm just a little bit on edge :-)
===

Anyway, why do I run? Why run at all?

Okay, I do enjoy it. I feel good, after. (And during.) Running is the only exercise that I do. But why do any exercise at all? What's the point? Sounds depressing... but that's just a few seconds of doubt, soon gone.

I enjoy running. I do it to keep fit. It doesn't matter how long I can keep staying fit. It's worth the effort. And yet...

I feel that there may be a bit more. Wait for it... I can't see any crocodiles. But... I believe that -- just at the shallow end -- I may be in de Nile.

Ha!






Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery"


===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: