Friday, May 28, 2021

Moving Right Along

An exciting day: today we remove the sticky dressing. Deb does it...

Well, not only am I *not* going to tug at a sticky bandage! I can't see it. Even in a mirror, the bandage is off to one side. Towards the back. So Deb does all the hard work: Cutting away from my hair, pulling off my skin. Painless really but I complain anyway :-) Soon done.

Then Deb smears on some antibacterial cream that came from the hospital. Deb feels happier for doing it.

Next instructions are, Do not wash, let air dry. Deb dabs off some dried blood. Otherwise, it looks fine. Apparently.

A foot-long raised scar, stitched closed. But neatly stitched. With no sign of anything nasty. So that's fine.

Better yet -- I can't see the scar, either. Fine by me :-) I pat it. Carefully, gently. Now I leave it alone.
===

Now Deb worries that I am resting too much.

I read a bit about recovery from anaesthetic and brain surgery. I may have come home and been pumped up by dex -- and adrenaline. Now I'm tired... so I rest.

Sure, Deb is a woman. She can pop out a baby then be back picking turnips all afternoon. Me, if I'm tired -- I rest. Deb knows me, I think she believes me. Still, she decides that she will increase my dex dose -- dex is an upper -- to the pre-op level. So tomorrow I'll need to remember to pretend to be awake :-)

Meanwhile... I have a good rest after dinner. Now I'm feeling more lively. I've even managed to book accommodation for our short trip to Pemberton. Easy, now I'm half awake :-)





Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery"


===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: