Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Hello next world

That subject line is an old programmer's joke. But relevant.
Mark the brain surgeon came by for a post MRI chat. He offered various options: 
Do nothing and I will die from my growing brain tumour.
Or opt for surgery which will not help at all, the tumour has grown too far, I will still die.
Or try surgery and it's quite likely that I will die under the knife.
Deb and I plan to go home so I can die at home.
Daphne the oncologist may offers drugs to alleviate symptoms. Eg dex which reduces brain swelling, so less
Headaches and some improvement in muscle strength. And then I will die.
The only question is, when
Though a day earlierMark said that I would never leave this hospital... so he's now more optimistic:-)
The previous MrI was perhaps two months ago. At that Tate of growth, another two months to live seems optimistic.

Deb so I expect that I am on a quick trip to the next world. After 48 years of excellent marriage with an excellent  unexpected 8 year bonus at the end :-)

I asked Mark, how will I die?
The tumour is now established in thebrain stem 
some essential Body functions May quit or I may just get more and more paralyzed or the brain stem dies and apparently I will then be dead so not terrific 
I think that I accept it but I can't say that I'm happy ditto Deb, not happy but well that's life and death 

can't think of anything else to say except I seem to have mastered voice dictation to an email and that's something to be glad about I'll probably be back when I get home
Well, I guess I will get home, there's nothing more that the hospital can do.
 but meanwhile over and out from the hospital 
goodbye to both my readers :-)
... Nick







1 comment:

  1. Mate only now I can just managed to comment

    ReplyDelete