Monday, October 14, 2024

Timeline, unknown

The timeline to my death is, really, a total unknown.
In 2017 it was an average *expectation* of 18 months from diagnosis to death. Five years would be extreme.
With excellent surgery, improvements in medicine, who-cares attitude and enormous good luck, here I still am after seven years.

On my latest arrival at hospital the surgeon looked at my CT scan and said that I may never leave the hospital (alive).
He looked at the clearer MRI and said I may be dead within weeks. He's a surgeon, I would probably die under any attempted surgery. He's honest, says it as he sees it, I really appreciate honesty and like the man.
The oncologist offers newish chemo, sounds like beelzebub. I'll try it. The surgeon says it may keep me going for just maybe months, the oncologist hopes for maybe a couple of years. 
Really... no one has a definite answer.
You gotta laugh... or you'd have to cry. I'd rather laugh. I hope I can keep laughing right up to the end. I see the light! I see the light! It's... what the Hell is all that light ... LOL



dying for you to read: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com :-)

1 comment: