Sunday, October 13, 2024

A better day

Every day, in every way, we get a little bit better LOL

I've just spent 20 minutes trying to convince this tablet to accept voice input. With no luck. Oh well, perhaps another day... now to continue with one finger typing.

Blood sugar wobbles up and down. Probably  not a problem, the dex drug can cause that. Over a score of 10 and I get an insulin jab.after dinner I had 15.6 then a half dose of insulin. Just now, score of 10.9, better.
Anyway...

Deb was with me for most of the day. Very nice.
Then she went home to supervise the boys setting the house for safety: which means, no more stairs for me.
Deb and I will sleep downstairs. They will have brought the big bed down the stairs. Safely, I hope.
I can't avoid all steps in tour house, just a few steps between garage and new sleeping level.and a few to the kitchen if I want to make a cup of tea.

Deb was really worried, The house is not safe!
Then she got the bit between her teeth and sorted it all out. With expert advice and heavy lifting help from the boys. Tomorrow I'll see the results, probably an amazingly safe house and many aching muscles.

I'm excited :-)
Tomorrow afternoon I'll be home again.

With minor drugs to keep me "okay" for three weeks. To be followed by three months of chemo... IV drip feeds every three weeks.

The chemo is not a cure. It will slow down tumour growth and maintain quality of life... for weeks. Or months. Or... most optimistic guess... almost two years. With MRI scans every three months, to see if it's working.
Ha, who knows. I'll be able to wear the motto shirts again: Enjoy life, three months at a time:-)


At least I can stop expecting mysterious but unpredictable symptoms of brain damage. My only worry will be to be careful. Of increasing tiredness, growing paralysis, eventually failing to wake up. Simple... no *unknown*possibilities... and that's something to be glad about.


Good company.Predictable problems. A definite plan. Going home tomorrow...

Today is a much better day.








dying for you to read: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Home today. Excellent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your will definitely appreciate home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home tomorrow. I couldn't edit my comment

    ReplyDelete