Thursday, October 17, 2024

Minor misconception

I may have written that my brain stem is dying.
I may have written? Once posted, I never re-read my words.
Anyway.

I think that this is more accurate:
My brain stem is fine -- but is being throttled.

The cancer is growing amongst all the stems and florets of my cauliflower shaped brain. This causes damage, obstruction. Makes it more difficult for the brain to operate. While being throttled.

My tumour started in a visual cortex so vision was affected early.
For other people, other parts of the brain are first to go. So, different people, different tumour locations, different immediate effects.

Different long term effects too, I guess. But long term is not usually a worry ;-)


On top of the tumour damage... the brain reacts to damage by swelling. Bruising, sort of.
Swelling pushes on the brain. Causes more difficulties for brain operation.
Swelling may be in different, though close, parts of my brain. The effects are different to effects of direct tumour damage.
Perhaps dizziness? Falling? Headaches. Cutting off blood flow, so more of these effects?
It's funny... it's only today that I'm even thinking about Swelling and its different effects.


On the bright side: Swelling, bruising -- can be reduced. That's a key role of the dex (dexamethzone? Very useful drug. I take several a day. Gradually reducing dose as swelling slows.

The tumour is the real risk.
The swelling is dangerous but controllable.
And that's something to be glad about :-)




My body is a temple to health and fitness.
but there is a devil-worshipper in the temple: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com :-)

1 comment: