Friday, October 18, 2024

Second shopping

In the afternoon we go to the Forum, for the "main" shopping.
The same cautious approach as for the grocer's  but with extra adventure.

First, the library. Deb leaves me, all alone ;-) as she goes to the library to get books.
No worries. I lean on a post and totally fail to fall over :-)

Inside, we stop for coffee and cake. Deb is able to pick up a loaf of bread while I stay at the table.
Very small advances. Back towards a more normal life.
As I'm typing I think, not "recovery". Never recovery. But it's great to feel more normal. To do, ever so slowly, normal things.

I like to buy a Lotto ticket each week. Just one. The ticket sits in my pocket for a week. With the thought that, maybe, I am carrying a million dollar ticket. Until the next week, when I find that I have lost. And buy the next.

This week, as usual I think, this could be my million dollar winner.
Then I wonder... will I live long enough to even spend my million dollars?
Now I realise.. of course I will have time to spend a million dollars :-)


Quite the adventurous day.
Yes, tiring.
But so very enjoyable.







half blind. half deaf. dying of cancer.
so what?
notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment