Monday, October 14, 2024

Happy, tired, worried, happy

Sleep soundly, wake early. Even have a shower,  voluntarily.i will amaze deb:-)

Good to go. Ready to go.
Deb picks me up, does all the talking and paperwork and we leave. To drive home.
Deb, and the boys, have made a huge effort to make the house safe for me... in case I fall, again, or trip or just collapse. eg i am not, definitely not, allowed on any stairs. Difficult, in a house over3 or 4 levels.
It all feels so welcoming. I'm so pleased to be home.

Deb worries. Shows me where I go and don't go. We agree we can sort it all as we go along. We both hope there will be enough time to sort it all out.
Lunch, pause, dinner. Familiar, home cooked food.
Send a few emails, do some odds and ends that are easier done at home.
I sit in my allowed chair and fall asleep -- to wake up 3 hours later. Takes me a minute to get my bearings. Easy to remember where I am but I have to work out what time it is...
Okay, remember home, dinner, sit... must be 8... pm. Aha.

A momentary worry: as the cancer attacks my brain stem I will get more and more tired. But ... that is not yet :-)

I wake momentarily.
And... even if/though I am eventually dying -- it is not yet.

Happy. Very happy :-)





dying for you to read: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com :-)

1 comment: