Thursday, October 17, 2024

Role of pallies

As they explain it the role of the palliative care doctor and nurse is to support and ease my death. Pain management and a bit, a lot, more.
They support me -- and deb. More importantly, deb.
There is a 24hour pally phone number.

If I am in pain, phone. Ask about pain medication from the pallies. Don't waste time explaining everything to a GP, the pallies know my case. They know. Even if they just send a prescription, it is most likely to be appropriate to my case.

If I fall, phone the pallies. Oh yes also (then) phone the ambulance. If something seems bad, phone the pallies.
They can offer advice, perhaps help. One number -- for any issues or concerns.
No need for deb to wonder, should I call, who to call, is this a real worry? Just one number to phone. Anytime.
To my mind, this is amazing. For deb.

For me... I have deb. Now I know that deb knows what to do... first... while the world decides what to do next.
Any treatment is for me but the support is... For deb.



My body is a temple to health and fitness.
but there is a devil-worshipper in the temple: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah the pallies are a great help for all.

    ReplyDelete