Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Aaaannd... Done :-)

Afternoon, after surgery:

A bit of a wait. Time to read a bit, time to write a blog post. That post was "essential" when I suddenly realised that waiting, is easy! I'm in the care of experts, nothing more *I* can do... Just sit back, relax, enjoy the adventure.

I'm wheeled to surgery. I overhear, Not often people are smiling on the way to surgery. (Probably with with one eye on the straight jacket, just in case :-) But really, I'm back to my usual, preferred mood: it's happening, can't be avoided, I'm in the best of hands, doesn't help to complain, feels better to enjoy... Well, enjoy it as an intellectual adventure, anyway.

ECG. Meet the anaesthetist. Friendly bloke. Cannula in the back of my hand, for a change. Dr Kong may have passed by? Friendly chitchat. Oxygen mask. Wake up.

Yep, that's all I remember. Chat... Oxygen... Wake up. Excellent!

Time for recovery, regular checks of pulse, etc. Then wheeled to a shared room. Room mate is a regular for kidney stones... Ouch, I sympathize. He's checking out, I have a room to myself.

First priority is to text, tell Deb and kids that I'm fine and due home tomorrow.

Second priority is to have a leak! Have to wait while nurses disconnect a few bits and pieces, lower the cage walls round the bed... But I'm able to walk by myself... aaaaaahhh :-) I'm now in less embarrassing underwear, I don't remember being changed :-) There's a not very large plaster where I've been cut. Signs of blood but nothing fresh... As far as I'm willing to look. Very minor dull ache as feeling returns. No pain.

Dry mouth so I drink water.. Eventually get a cup of tea. A bag of mixed drip is still attached. Yes, nurse, the bladder is definitely working, very efficiently :-) And bowels, once. Now desperately hoping for dinner, to continue the recovery :-)

An email from a friend who will be in Perth next week, Can we meet? Ah, well, nooo... You may want to sit down, I reply. What did we ever do before emails?!

I have filled in meal orders -- ticked almost everything :-)  -- but they have not been collected. So getting dinner is my next priority...

And that's about it!

All seems to have gone well. Feeling a bit weary but cheerful. I'll take a couple of weeks for relaxed recovery. Then back to the main act, ongoing treatment for brain cancer.

For now, all good :-)

Time to chase dinner. After yet another leak...






====
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems? Solved.
====

Now so much more than a simple holiday blog:  https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au :-)
====

There were two classes of literary reviewers: "Those who had little to say and those who had nothing." … Max Beerbohm
   

1 comment: