Saturday, September 23, 2017

we relax -- and run -- on Saturday

We go to the Forum for a bit of shopping. Library first, to get a couple of books for our next toddler watch. Deb selects, I browse a lightweight health magazine. It seems that I could get a body like the man on the cover. It would be a nuisance, though. I'd then have to buy new shirts, with the chest broader than the stomach.

Next, coffee and cake. The shops are crowded on a Saturday. Our first cafe choice is full.

Shopping for an essential. Plus a few things that I decide, on impulse, are essential :-)

Home, lunch, nap. Followed by a run in Kings Park... A *real* training run, almost...

We're scheduled for a 5km run. We run 5km. Me too ! First, though: I tell Deb exactly where I will be running. We set a no-later-than-this time for return. I carry a working phone. Reading glasses, so I can see the phone. Deb carries her own phone. All in various pockets of a lightweight running backpack.

Plus, I carry the car key.

For years we have debated the car key. Well, not debated. We run separate ways -- our speeds are too different to run together. So I decided that Deb will carry the key. If Deb gets back (to the car) first then I don't need to worry that she is standing around in the cold. If I get back first then I'll be... concerned... till Deb returns. Getting cold won't worry me.

And guess what: Today Deb carries the car key. And I carry the *spare* car key!

How long have we been running? How often has one of us -- carrying the key -- been worried about the other? And we never thought... to carry the *spare* key. Oh well :-)

So we go for a run. Part of my... recovery? My getting back -- towards -- my last month's level of fitness. I do feel fit, a bit tired, but I do need to regain confidence.

Can I even run 5km? Without having to stop for a breather? Having another seizure is highly unlikely. Still, I'd like to test that, try running, make sure that -- this time at least -- I do not have a seizure.

And today, it all works :-)

I do my training run. At a reasonable -- for me -- pace. A bit faster than Deb's pace -- as it should, mostly used to, be. A very successful test run! I. am. very pleased :-)

Tomorrow, though, I may be sorry... We will be at The Show. Just a couple of hours. Maybe.

The forecast is for heavy rain.

And I may be tired after today's run.

Too bad!

Tomorrow, the Pig Pavilion at The Show. My favourite Show display :-) Wet, or not.




=======
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
=======

"No matter where you go, there you are." ... Confucius ?

====

Now much more than a clever name for a holiday journal:

No comments:

Post a Comment