Thursday, September 28, 2017

Home again :-)

On a scale of 1 to 10 I finally have some pain... perhaps a 2. More a dull ache than a pain. Dr Kong explains where she cut -- it's a lot more than I imagined but mostly (as I understand it) cutting under the surface. I don't look too closely. I'm to avoid exercise for a couple of weeks -- no more than gentle strolling -- to avoid straining the healing wound.

In Wikipedia this article  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inguinal_orchiectomy) seems close enough to my understanding of the surgery. It glosses nicely over the extent of the cut. I wish I had not read the paragraph on "complications".

Deb arrives -- and I check out of hospital. Yippee :-) Do I want to go shopping on the way home? Yes! It's so very pleasant, just leaning on a shopping trolley, following Deb around the shops...

Aaaahhhh... home again :-)

After lunch we pick up the chemotherapy medications. Seven different drugs at various times of day, various days of the week. Plus days for treatment and regular blood testing. I spend more than an hour putting it all into a spreadsheet, trying to make sense of it all.

And I just remembered: Analysis of the testicular tumour may add more drugs to the treatment plan... Or change the plan in some unexpected -- to me -- way. Dr Kong will get back to me next week with the What Cancer is That? results. I may need to update the spreadsheet...

Busy, busy, busy :-)


=======
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
=======

"Wer den Daumen auf dem Beutel hat, der hat die Macht." … Otto von Bismarck eh what?!

====

Now much more than a clever name for a holiday journal:


No comments:

Post a Comment