Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Play Room

A most enjoyable Saturday morning :-) There were some deep thoughts (though nothing serious) in the morning. But first, still grinning, an enjoyable morning:

Deb & I go to the local Toy Library. Return toys, pick up toys, for our grandson. It's good fun... Though Deb -- criminal that she is -- has to fess up: Last visit we left without paying. Totally forgot! Until we were driving home. So, this week, we pay twice the expected amount. A whole two dollars.

With the burden of that debt removed, we drive to "the shops". Wembley Downs, we decide. A supermarket next to a coffee shop. Deb needs a few groceries, especially the key ingredients for tomorrow's carrot cake.

From the  Toy Library to Wembley Downs shops is... interesting.We are, in truth, trying to gain familiarity with the Toy Library location. It's 30 years since our last regular visits, it's now to be visited every three weeks. We want to get an idea of the best way to find it. Rather than today's approach of, Perhaps up that road?

Today we reach Wembley Downs after quite a lot of, Perhaps up that road?

Made it...

Coffee first, with muffin. I eat most of the muffin, allow Deb a smaller-than-usual share. Delicious.

I'm eyeballed by a toddler. Do I look a bit... strange? ... Stranger that usual? Could the kid be attracted by a man wearing a wooly hat on a fine Spring morning? Whatever. Toddler and I exchange smiles. Toddler's mother tries to not look too embarrassed.

Hang on! What's with me wearing a wooly hat?! On such a fine day?!

I believe that I have a large scar -- still showing stitches -- on the back of my head. On the back, where I can't see it. Even when it was covered by a large dressing I could not even see the dressing. I know how I feel -- awkward -- when I try not to stare at a stranger with scars. So I wear the hat.

After much challenge -- finally passing the tablet to Deb -- I have a photo. I shall attempt to [insert photo here: ] I wonder if that worked? No sign of it... If it's not there I may try again later.

(I use words. Don't expect many -- any more -- photos.)

Coffee. Shopping. Home. Then out again -- to meet grandson at The Play Room.

The Play Room is an amazing shop! Toys, toys, more toys... Some average toys. Lots of brilliant toys... For ages, um, newborn to late primary school? Certainly covering our grandson, a toddler.

Grandson arrives with his parents. Deb minds the boy, spending much time in a sit-in car -- with steering wheel. Parents roam the shop, being amazed. Mother spends a lot of time saying, No, it's for the boy, not for you :-)

I wander round, amongst toys and family. Grinning like a fool :-)

We leave, with a few toys for tomorrow's toddler birthday.

What a lot of fun :-)

===

Followed by home, lunch, cooking of carrot cake, this posting of a most enjoyable Saturday morning.

Now I'll pass the tablet to Deb. Let her do some Spanish language lessons (1200 words "learnt" and counting!) And I'll move to the PC. To blog some more. Some more deeper thoughts. But not *too* deep :-)






====
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems? Solved.
====

Now so much more than a simple holiday blog:  https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au :-)
====

"Today's rubbish is tomorrow's world" … per Ginger Meggs
   

No comments:

Post a Comment