Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Waypoint: 4 September 2017

Time to pause, put a marker on the road. This is where I am, now... Most difficult blog post ever -- I just do *not* do brief :-)  But, trying:

== Situation

I have just been diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme, a grade 4 (the worst?) brain cancer. Fatal. 50% chance to live another 12 to 15 months, 4% chance of living another five years. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glioblastoma -- with a said-to-be-accurate life expectancy table at the end) Ouch!

There's more -- but that's what will kill me.

== Task

To do whatever I can to minimise the negative impacts (emotional, financial, etc? short- medium- long-term) on family.

Again, there's more. But that -- to me -- is most important.

== Action

I'll use Trello to make lists. What to do, how, for who, where, why, when. May need to prioritise!

== Result

No idea, I won't be here :-)

That's as brief as I can get... The blog (see link below) started very soon after I arrived at hospital. It's my typical stream-of-consciousness stuff, it may make sense. It may be incomplete, inaccurate, unreadable but it is -- almost -- absolutely honest. There are some things that even I just will not say... See "Task", above.

Overall, however, I am cheerful. No early symptoms, no known causes, no cure. Nothing I could have done -- so no regrets. Best of all, it's happening to me. If it were Deb, the boys, girls, grandson -- I doubt if I could cope.

I'm dying. I should have a few more months of living. wtf. What the heck. Get on with what's left :-)

Now back to stream-of-consciousness... and the usual verbiage...

btw: It makes me feel better to have blogged. And it's good practice for me to email. There's no need to read the blog :-) But if blog & email stop suddenly -- feel free to email Robbie (find his email in the blog page header) to ask if anything ... expected... has happened.

... Nick



====
Now much more than a clever name for a holiday journal:

=======
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
=======

"To get others to believe in you, you must first believe in yourself. And the dumber you are, the easier that is. Which is why there are so many dumbbells in powerful positions." … Cats with Hands






Virus-free. www.avast.com

1 comment:

  1. Mate. You are so strong. Set an amazing example for us all. Cheers Col

    ReplyDelete