Wednesday, September 27, 2017

getting into a hospital

I'm in the city enjoying the atmosphere at the start of a fun run. I'm running in the fun run but aware of very little. I'm in hospital being asked if I know who I am, where I am.

Now wasn't that so very easy!

My next visit to hospital begins with appointments with doctors. Instructions from anaesthetists. Filling in complicated forms. Arranging transport there and back. Packing a few clothes, odds & ends, books, pills. And now -- fasting!

How do people ever manage to get into hospital while they are still conscious ?!

Today, though, the weather is fine. So Deb & I go for a walk in the bush. I make the suggestion, Deb selects a bit of the Bibbulmun Track. Just a few easy kilometres. The bush is beautiful. Peaceful. Relaxing.
Of the five people we see on the Track -- two are fellow rogainers! The mother's conversation shows signs of having walked three days with only her young son for company :-) Nooo... I won't explain... it needs either a hundred pages or just, take my word for it.

Now my stomach is stuffed full and I'm officially fasting. Time to sleep on it... Time to go to sleep... well away from the kitchen. Not that I am at all hungry! Just that the thought of fasting -- makes me want to do some proactive eating :-)



=======
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
=======

"Wer den Daumen auf dem Beutel hat, der hat die Macht." … Otto von Bismarck eh what?!

====

Now much more than a clever name for a holiday journal:


No comments:

Post a Comment